I'm baaaaack. Did you miss me?
Thank you to those of you who attended the Fun Dog Show on May 14th. It was a success. Thank you to those of you who also went and got boba Wednesday. Y'all rock!
So, as you know new board for 2016 - 2017 was announced. Next week I'm planning on doing two weeks worth of announcements in one post (because there usually isn't much going on in the last two weeks). I will be posting reminders in our Facebook group about upcoming deadlines like Knights Landing. After that, I will no longer be the publicity coordinator for PSSD! Saralee will be your 2016 - 2017 publicity coordinator and Kelli will be your 2016 - 2017 historian.
As always, here are the announcements and pre-vet calendar for May 23 - May 29. Remember you do not have class on Monday, May 30.
Announcements May 23 - May 29
Knights Landing One Health Vet Clinic will be changing its curriculum to a year long commitment in hopes to establish consistent committee members. Changing the curriculum from a quarter long to a year long will solidify committee roles, reduce redundancy, increase committee bonds, and overall make more experienced KLOHC volunteers. You must be a PSSD member to apply. If you have any questions email Valerie. To apply please follow the link. Applications are due Wednesday, June 1.
• INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Dr. Ji needs 2-3 undergraduates for an upcoming study on piglets and iron supplementation. Interns will be involved in handling, care, biological sampling and lab analysis. Sophomores or juniors with pig experience is preferred. The study is going to be conducted from June to July. Lab work will be done from July to August. It would be a perfect opportunity to gain more units for SSI and SSII if you're here for the summer. If you're interested contact Dr. Ji by May 30.
• Register for UC Davis' Pre-Health Conference! Early registration (before Thursday, June 9) is only $15 for UCD students.
• Here is a list of Internship and Career Center events for the week of Monday, May 23- Thursday, May 26. They are hosting workshops for networking and LinkedIn as well as cover letter workshops!
• Apparently MoobileNetx is retiring on June 15. If you need help switching over, follow this link.
Pre-Vet Calendar May 23 - May 29
• Meet and chat with the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences' Dean Dillard over coffee from 2:15 PM to 3:00 PM in MU II. You can RSVP here.
• Health Professions Advising is hosting a personal statement workshop from 12:10 PM to 1:00 PM in Life Sciences 1022 if you don't have time to make it to our event on Tuesday. ;)
Tuesday, May 24
• Her Campus UC Davis is having two events with two of the stars of MTV's Girl Code:
- Carly and Nessa will be on the East Quad from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. There will be life-size games, photo booths and more!
- Carly and Nessa as they share stories and discuss the Perfectly Imperfect Initiative from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM in MU II. RSVP here.
Thursday, May 26
• UC Davis Student Housing is hosting a Dive-In Movie featuring Zootopia beginning at 8:00 PM at the Rec Pool.
Friday, May 27
• ASUCD Pantry is hosting its third Annual Canned Food Castle Competition from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM at the West Quad. Registration is closed, but feel free to still donate to the Pantry.
Saturday, May 28
• Mercer Farmer's Market is today from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Emails for volunteers will be sent out soon. To join the listserv please follow this link. Remember that volunteering for the Farmer's Market will give you some priority in attending monthly clinics.
PSSD Publicity Coordinator 2015 - 2016