Hopefully, week 5 treated all of you well. But congrats you've made it past the halfway point. Winter quarter 2016 is ALMOST OVER! Just think if you are stuck in an awful GE or major required course, there are only 4 weeks left of it! YOU CAN DO IT. Also, if you have not seen an adviser (major or pre-vet peer adviser), I highly recommend you do so. They will help you plan your entire college career out. So call your advising centers to schedule an appointment or schedule an appointment with pre-vet adviser Katie Krebs at Health Professions Advising.
Announcements Feb. 7 - feb. 13
• Want to work for the the Animal Science Advising Center for the 2016 - 2017 year? They are looking for academic peer advisers an an office assistant. Peer advisers work up to 10 hours a week, while office assistants work 20 hours a week (both are paid positions). A resume is required upon application completion. Both are due by Monday, February 8 at 12:00 PM in 1202 Meyer Hall. If you have any questions call (530-752-6118) or email Emma Martinez. Applications and position descriptions are right below.
• We are having two events this week. On Tuesday, Feb. 9 from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM in Surge III 1309 professors will be speaking about research opportunities in their lab. Also, our collaborative fundraiser with Mercer is Feb. 11 to Feb 12 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the MU. Drop by to get some goodies or have your photo taken with Gunther! You can also pre-order and pick up your goodies between classes.
Pre-vet Calendar Feb. 7 - Feb 13
• Thinking of doing a special Masters program? A representative from Georgetown University will be speaking at 7:10 PM in Storer 1344.
• To find out more about the First-Year Aggie Connections (FYAC) program, there will be an informational session held from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM in 114 South Hall.
• Want to get involved with Mercer Clinic? There will be an orientation from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM in Wellman 230. Completion of orientation is mandatory before attending clinic.
Tuesday, February 9
• Get connected! Genentech and UC Davis ASBMB chapter are hosting a Linkedin workshop from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM in Wellman 230.
• UC Davis Internship and Career Center (ICC) and the Cross Cultural Center (CCC) presents Resume Writing from 2:10 PM to 3:00 PM in the Student Community Center (SCC) Room D. Learn how to write a resume and a cover letter!
• PSSD Professors in research is tonight from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM in Surge III 1309. See above announcements for more information.
Wednesday, February 10
• Teabo Cafe is having a $1 tea day from 6:00 PM to 2:00 AM. This includes flavored teas and milk teas (regular boba included). See more on Teabo's event page.
• After you have grabbed some milk tea, ASUCD Entertainment Council is hosting a viewing of "Warm Bodies" in Giedt 1001. Tickets are 1 for $3 or 2 for $5. Doors open at 7:40 PM with the movie beginning at 8:10 PM.
• Need help with winning over the hearts of a future employer? The ICC and the CCC are putting on an interviewing workshop from 1:10 PM to 2:00 PM in the Student Community Center (SCC) Room E. Learn about different types of interviews and various strategies to answer questions.
• The Aggie Animal Rescue Club is having their first general meeting of the year at 7:30 PM in Wellman 5. They will be going over their events they have planned for the quarter such as volunteering at the Yolo County Shelter, feral cat workshop and a field trip.
Thursday, February 11
• A new club on campus, National Alzheimer's Buddies, is having their first (ever) meeting from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM in Wellman 216. To learn more about what they do and possible leadership positions, check out the Facebook event.
• Can't make it to the other ICC and CCC workshops? They will be having another workshop dedicated to cover letters and professional correspondence from 12:10 PM to 1:00 PM in 229 South Hall. They will cover how to write up follow-up emails, professional writing was well as how to write a cover letter.
•PSSD Valentine's Day Fundraiser is from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the MU. Don't miss this handsome bachelor:
• PSSD Valentine's Day Fundraiser is from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the MU. Don't miss, Gunther, our handsome bachelor.
Saturday, February 13
• Emails regarding how to volunteer for Mercer Clinic this week will be sent out soon.