I hope you all had a wonderful Picnic Day! Thank you to those of you who volunteered your time that day for the club. We are so GRATEFUL for every single one of you. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
And a big thank you who went to our Blaze Fundraiser last week. Fundraising is how we are able to host workshops for all club members.
So thank you all again for everything!
Announcements April 18 - April 24
• Asian Pacific Culture Week spans April 11 - April 22. For events, times and location please visit the Facebook event. AND GO TO THE MARKET NIGHT ON APRIL 22! It should be really fun!
• Here are a few registrar dates:
- The 20th day of instruction is Friday, April 22.
- The deadline to opt for P/NP grading is Friday, April 29.
• Register for UC Davis' Pre-Health Conference! Early registration is only $15 for UCD students.
• Here is a list of Internship and Career Center events for the week of Monday, April 18 - Saturday, April 23. They are hosting workshops for resume building this week. Go, go, go!
• Sign-up to do community service over the weekend of April 22 - April 24.
• If you are interested in being part of the PSSD board, here is all the information you need to know. Elections are Tuesday, May 3. There will be an email sent out soon regarding how to prep your election speech and much more. So stay tuned.
• The Animal Science Advising Center (ASAC) has shared an upcoming presentation:
Pre-vet calendar April 18 - April 24
• Health Professions Advising is hosting a workshop on how to decide which vet schools to apply to at 4:30 PM in Wellman 115.
• The ICC is hosting a workshop on how to prepare for the Spring Internship and Career fair (Wednesday) from 12:10 PM - 1:00 PM in 114 South Hall.
Tuesday, April 19
• Hear from your peers about their application experience! PSSD is having a newly accepted vet student panel from 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM in Giedt 1001.
Wednesday, April 20
• From 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at the ARC Pavilion there will be a Spring Internship and Career Fair. Ditch your jeans for something professional looking today. AND DO NOT forget to bring your resume.
Thursday, April 21
• "Out of the Darkness presents "Night of Remembrance." Night of Remembrance is the first of its kind, and specially crafted to the needs and experiences of college students. We will be hosting a meditation, journaling and discussion group - a format very similar to our successful past event, Survivor Day. At the end of the night we will be lighting paper lanterns in memory of those who have been taken by suicide. Join us for a night dedicated to remembering those we have lost, or our own personal experience." The event will be held from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Putah Creek Lodge.
Saturday, April 23
• We are having a radiology and anatomy lab today from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM in 1010 Valley Hall. Sign-ups will be sent out soon. We notify those who were chosen later in the week.
• Mercer Farmer's Market is today from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Emails for volunteers will be distributed soon. To join the listserv please follow this link.
Have a wonderful week,
PSSD Publicity Coordinator 2015 - 2016