I am so sad to announce that this post is my last "announcements" as publicity coordinator. I enjoyed bringing y'all up-to-date news as well as writing stories for the club. But, before I pass the baton to 2016 - 2017 Publicity Coordinator Saralee and 2016 - 2017 Historian Kelli, I will be writing one more post. You'll find out what it is when it's posted. ;) AND The entire 2016- 2017 board is excited to bring you all new events for next year.
Congrats to all of the graduates. You've made it! Now, go take on the world. The world might just not be able to handle all of you ;)
And I suggest if you're highly stressed out, click this link. It'll make you giggle. It's a good distraction because it's educational and hysterical (Thank you, Dr. Eisen!).
And, as always...
ANNOUNCEMENTS MAY 30 - June 9
Knights Landing One Health Vet Clinic will be changing its curriculum to a year long commitment in hopes to establish consistent committee members. Changing the curriculum from a quarter long to a year long will solidify committee roles, reduce redundancy, increase committee bonds, and overall make more experienced KLOHC volunteers. You must be a PSSD member to apply. If you would like to modify your PSSD responses, please contact an officer. But, if you have any application questions email Valerie. To apply please follow the link. Applications are due Wednesday, June 1.
• INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Dr. Ji needs 2-3 undergraduates for an upcoming study on piglets and iron supplementation. Interns will be involved in handling, care, biological sampling and lab analysis. Sophomores or juniors with pig experience is preferred. The study is going to be conducted from June to July. Lab work will be done from July to August. It would be a perfect opportunity to gain more units for SSI and SSII if you're here for the summer. If you're interested contact Dr. Ji by Monday, May 30.
• Register for UC Davis' Pre-Health Conference! Early registration (before Thursday, June 9) is only $15 for UCD students.
• Apparently MoobileNetx is retiring on June 15. If you need help switching over, follow this link. Don't let the Wifi be your SmartSite next year.
PRE-VET CALENDAR MAY 30 - June 9
• Happy Memorial Day. Did you know after the MU's completion in 1955, it was dedicated in honor of 128 UC Davis students and alumni who lost their lives in the military service from World War I to World War II? Read up on the MU history as well as learn what the Golden Memory Book is all about.
Tuesday, May 31
• Health Professions Advising is hosting a GRE prep workshop in Olson 227 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM. It will go over how best to prepare for the GRE. They will be going over sample questions as well as raffling off a free GRE prep book.
Wednesday, June 1
• Knights Landing Clinic Applications are due.
Thursday, June 2
• Apparently from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM you can blow bubbles with Kia on the Quad. If that's what helps to alleviate stress, go for it. Only at UC Davis.
•Want to get a head start on next year's summer body? You have an opportunity from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM at the ARC to get a body composition profile and then speak with trainers about results and other fitness questions. More details here.
• Animal Science's Spring Barbecue begins at 5:30 PM at Putah Creek Lodge. The food is good. Go.
Friday, June 3
• The Mondavi Center is opening its doors from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM for students to have a quiet study space. They'll have delicious food, classical music, power outlets and FREE COFFEE.
Monday, June 6
• Be excited because the MU is almost completed! The new Campus Store opens today (soft opening), but that means CONSTRUCTION IS ALMOST COMPLETE. YAYY!
Tuesday, June 7
Thursday, June 9
• If your finals are over... from 5:00 PM to 9:00 at Sutter's Landing Dog Park in Sacramento, they are having a fundraiser called Pups, Cups & Food Trucks which benefits the Sacramento SPCA. For more information, check out the Facebook event.