Wait, we're done with week 2? I guess it's time to start hitting the books. Anyways, here is something to further fuel your procrastination tendencies this weekend:
Announcements April 11 - April 17
• On Tuesday, April 12 we are having an Officer Info Night. If you are interested in becoming a PSSD board member for the 2016 - 2017 academic year, we advise you to come to the meeting to understand the commitment & expectations of each position. Please fill out the Officer Interest form by Monday, April 11 (tomorrow).
• Asian Pacific Culture Week spans April 11 - April 22. For events, times and location please visit the Facebook event. It looks like it will be really awesome.
• Picnic Day Pre-Week is this week, as well. They will be having all kinds of events ranging from milking cows to eating pie.
• Here are a few registrar dates:
- The last day to add classes is Tuesday, April 12.
- The 20th day of instruction is Friday, April 22.
- The deadline to opt for P/NP grading is Friday, April 29.
• Speaking of changing your schedule, here are some suggestions for possible extra units:
- Freshman seminars are a great opportunity to boost your GPA and get to know some pretty incredible professors (in small class room settings, too!). Check out the list.
- FAP 195 is a forum that focuses on health care for populations who have economic or physical difficulty receiving adequate health care, socio-cultural persepctives impacting the health of California’s undeserved populations and to make students familiar with health care needs, demographics and epidemiological characteristics of the population groups. The class meets Wednesdays from 12:10 PM - 1:00 PM. The CRN number is 44698.
• Here is a list of Internship and Career Center events for the week of Monday, April 11 - Saturday, April 16. They include workshops like how to navigate LinkedIn, how to find internships, and writing resumes.
• Sign-up to do community service over the weekend of April 22 - April 24.
• The Animal Science Advising Center (ASAC) has shared two upcoming presentations (both on Monday, April 11) on their Facebook page, but here they are:
Pre-Vet Calendar April 11 - April 17
• Marketing your experience workshop presented by Community Service Resource Center (CSRC) and Center for Student Involvement (CSI) is from 3:40 PM - 4:30 PM in 114 South Hall. It is a workshop designed to help you talk about your undergraduate experiences in interviews.
Tuesday, April 12
• PSSD Officer Info Night from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM in Giedt 1001. See above announcement for information.
• Learn how to develop leadership skills from this Health Professions Advising workshop at 2:30 PM in Life Sciences 1022.
Thursday, April 14
•New to Rock Climbing? Have questions about Rock Climbing? But most importantly, do you want to get into Rock Climbing? The ARC Rockwall employees are having a climbing clinic at 6:00 PM.
Friday, April 15
• Marketing your experience workshop presented by Community Service Resource Center (CSRC) and Center for Student Involvement (CSI) is from 10:00 AM - 10:50 AM at CSI, 442 Memorial Union. It is a workshop designed to help you talk about your undergraduate experiences in interviews.
• Learn how to create a theme in your application at 1:10 PM in Life Sciences 1022. This event is part of HPA's App Prep 2016 Series.
Saturday, April 16
• PICNIC DAY! Have fun!
PSSD Publicity Coordinator 2015 - 2016