So last week, YOU voted. The photo on your left hand side is your PSSD Board for the 2016 - 2017 academic year. Congratulations to all of you!
Members, there will be a blog post up later this week about each board member. Get to know them, they won't bite.
Hopefully all of you received my email last week. We are having an Instagram (@prevets.ucdavis & #pssdclub) contest. If you share our dog show fundraiser banner (located on the event page), we will be selecting at RANDOM, a winner for a $10 Starbucks gift card. Do you realize how many iced coffees you could buy? If your Instagram is private, please email me a screenshot! We will be randomly selecting the winner at the Dog Show Fundraiser.
And to continue my annoying tirade... SHARE THIS. On all social media platforms. I'm annoying my high school friends, my middle school friends and elementary school friends, but do I care no! It's all for our club! Remember we don't have membership fees so fundraisers ARE huge for us.
PSSD's 2nd ANNUAL DOG SHOW FUNDRAISER is THIS Saturday, (May 14) at Arroyo Park from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Bring your family, fur babies and friends to have some fun. We will have raffles including prizes from Temple Coffee Roasters, RIRE clothing, and Tote Tails (AND MORE!). It is free to hang out (and pet puppies), but if you want to register your dog, there is a $10 registration fee. BUT PLEASE COME!
Announcements May 9 - May 15
Knights Landing One Health Vet Clinic will be changing its curriculum to a year long commitment in hopes to establish consistent committee members. Changing the curriculum from a quarter long to a year long will solidify committee roles, reduce redundancy, increase committee bonds, and overall make more experienced KLOHC volunteers. You must be a PSSD member to apply. If you have any questions email Valerie. To apply please follow the link. Applications are due Wednesday, June 1.
• It's Undocumented Students and Allies Awareness Week. PSSD member Carolina Gomez is also part of a club on campus called S.P.E.A.K – a support group on campus for undocumented students and allies that seeks to achieve acceptance for the identities within the undocumented student community. They have events ALL week including a powerful statement piece on Monday, May 9 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM on the MU Quad area.
• There is advising at the Cross Cultural Center (CCC) in the Student Community Center Mondays - Thursdays. Here are the following times:
- College of Engineering
- Mondays 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- College of Letters and Science
- Mondays 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Tuesdays 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesdays 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Educational Opportunity Program
- Wednesdays 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Thursdays 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
• Register for UC Davis' Pre-Health Conference! Early registration (before Thursday, June 9) is only $15 for UCD students.
• Here is a list of Internship and Career Center events for the week of Tuesday, May 10 - Thursday, May 12. They are hosting workshops for improving resumes and also a workshop on applying for federal jobs on Wednesday! Go, go, go!
• Don't forget: VMCAS opens up Wednesday, May 11.
PRE-VET CALENDAR MAY 9 - MAY 15
• Are you considering getting a Masters of Public Health? Want to learn more? Learn about a new program at the University of San Francisco from a representative at 12:10 PM in Life Sciences 1022.
Tuesday, May 10
• Health Professions Advising and Undergraduate Research Center are hosting a workshop on how to gain research experience and to look for opportunities in labs at 3:00 PM in Life Sciences 1022.
Wednesday, May 11
• Love to rock climb? UC Davis ARC Wallabies will be hosting a rock climbing workshop from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Rockwall.
• VMCAS opens today. Good luck to those of you who are applying this cycle!
Thursday, May 12
• Join NAMI at UC Davis and other mental health organizations for the 2nd annual student-run Mental Health Fair at UC Davis from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM on the West Quad. More information here.
• Mujeres Ayudando la Raza is holding MARvelicious: an all you can eat fundraiser. There will be tostadas, enchiladas, pasta, cheesecake AND MORE. It will be held from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM at : 880 Alvarado Ave or the La Salle Apartment Clubhouse.
• HPA will also be hosting a Personal Statement Workshop at 3:10 PM in Wellman 115.
Saturday, May 14
• PSSD's Annual Dog Show Fundraiser is from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM at Arroyo Park.
Sunday, May 15
• UC Davis' Out of Darkness Club - Students Against Suicide is holding their second annual walk at 11:00 PM. You can still sign up here. It's free and it's easy!
PSSD Publicity Coordinator 2015 - 2016