This is the last week of announcements I will be posting for this quarter. Any further updates will be posted to our Facebook page after March 12. We have an exciting quarter planned. We will be having more workshops, a Dog Show Fundraiser, officer elections and more so stay tuned! Also, remember to apply for Knights Landing One Health Clinic by March 18. See below for more details.
ANnouncements March 6 - March 12
•Here are job opportunities (Animal Related!). Make sure to use Aggie Job Link.
• Interested in being a barn resident at one of UC Davis' facilities for the 2016 - 2017 academic year? Applications are now open! In exchange for free housing, students will work approximately 10 hours of work per week. The due date to apply is by March 16 at 5:00 PM. You can obtain and turn in applications at the Animal Science Advising Center (1202 Meyer Hall).
• RESEARCH OPPORTUNITY: Dr. Ji is looking for two undergraduates (preferably juniors or seniors) who are interested in researching literature and writing summary reports. The topics that interns will be looking at will focus on nutrition and management of dairy cattle. It is preferred if you have an interest in learning more about dairy cattle.
Email Dr. Ji if interested.
• The Women's Resources and Research Center (WRRC) is hosting its quarterly book sale & also having crafts from Monday, March 7 - Thursday, March 10 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM at North Hall front porch. On Monday, you can make buttons. Tuesday is International Women's Day Crafting Activating. Wednesday you can color or make collages. Thursday is painting & zines.
• Need a place to study for finals? The Mondavi Center is opening its doors yet again on Monday, March 14 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM as a study space. There will be free coffee, a food truck, and all the power outlets your little heart desires.
Pre-Vet calendar March 6 - March 12
• MEDLIFE is hosting MEDTALKS: a symposium on global medicine from 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM in the SCC Meeting Room D. They will have 5 fantastic speakers with varying topics covering the three pillars of MEDLIFE: Medicine, Education and Development. They will also be having a medical school application workshop, and talks about the PeaceCorps and Teach for America. Free admission and snacks will be served. On-campus parking is free on the weekends.
Monday, March 7
• Knights Landing One Health Clinic is having a fundraiser at Teabo from 6:00 PM to 11:59 PM. 20% of the proceeds will go to support Knights Landing. You will need to show a flyer to the cashier. To access the flyer please go to the Facebook event page.
• Need help with writing a resume? The Internship and Career Center (ICC) is hosting a workshop from 2:10 PM to 3:00 PM at 229 South Hall.
Thursday, March 10
• The ICC is also having a workshop dedicated to interview basics from 12:10 PM to 1:00 PM in 229 South Hall. Learn about different types of interviews and strategies to respond to questions.
Friday, March 11
• 80% of available jobs are not advertised. Learn from the ICC about networking and how to use LInkedIn from 1:10 PM to 2:00 PM in 229 South Hall.
• Aggie Job Link and other tricks and tools to obtain internships will be presented by the ICC from 2:10 to 3:00 PM in 229 South Hall.
Saturday, March 12
• Mercer Clinic is today from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. If you would like to volunteer, emails will be sent out on the listserv as soon as possible. To join the listserv please follow this link.
PSSD Publicity Coordinator 2015 - 2016