Hope you enjoyed your (much needed) three day weekend. As you know, this is the only place where I am posting announcements from now on. However, I will still be kind enough to link the blog posts to the Facebook group for you. So first, here are some announcements for the week of January 18 - January 23:
• The Cross Cultural Center is hiring for the 2016 – 2017 academic year. Apply here.
• Here are other job opportunities (Animal Related!). Make sure to use Aggie Job Link.
• Want to artificially inseminate cattle? UC Davis Cattlemen’s Association is holding a clinic March 21 - 23. The clinic will be taught by veterinarians from UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine. Lunch will be provided. How much is it? $400 but there is a UC Davis student discount price of $350. For more information and to sign up, please contact Coral Alberi.
• Deadline to apply for an Internship and Career Center (ICC) Peer Adviser is January 24. Information sessions to learn about positions is Tuesday, January 19 at 2:10 PM in 229 South Hall. For more information please visit this link.
• Mujeres Ayudando la Raza is excited to bring to you all Sugarlicious, an ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT DESSERT fundraiser on Tuesday, Jan. 26 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM at 955 Cranbrook Ct. Apt. 189!
Sugarlicious is one of the club's quarterly food fundraisers that they host in order to raise money for community service events. Brownies, cakes, the very famous Inception Cookies (Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies), and many more goodies to enjoy for just $5 presale tickets or $7 at the door. Do not fear, they do Venmo! For more information or presale tickets, please contact Liz (831)-444-5911, Jessuly (323)-217-4003, or any Mujer (you can also contact PSSD's Mujer Saralee). The Mujeres will be tabling all week at the MU! Please feel free to share the flyer! All proceeds go towards community service events, such as Migrant Center and Youth Conference. Visit/add the Mujeres on Facebook and follow them on Instagram.
Tuesday, January 19
• Informational Session about ICC peer adivser opportunity begins at 2:10 PM in 229 South Hall (as stated above).
• PSSD General Meeting and special guest speaker Cal Poly’s MPS Dairy Products Program Manager Tom Johnson from 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM in Surge III 1309. If you cannot attend, there will be a blog posted about his presentation!
• Are you already stressed out from school? Don’t worry because from 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM in the ARC Pavillion there will be a Winter Massage - A - Thon. Prices for a massage can be found here.
Wednesday, January 20
• Health Professions Advising presents “Interviewing for Vet School” at 5:10 PM in 1204 Haring Hall. Learn about the interview process and how to impress your interviewers.
• Vet Aide Club is having a general meeting with special guest speaker Spencer Fennik, a UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine (UCDSOVM) vet student. Fennik will share how to best prepare for vet school at 7:30 PM in Everson 176.
Thursday, January 21
• Pre-health Ambassador Network (PHAN) is holding a session about time management at 6:15 PM in Surge III 1309. As a pre-vet student it is important to know how to manage your time wisely and not spend all your time on Netflix.
Friday, January 22
• Dr. Esther Kukielka will be giving a presentation on “Wild and domestic pig interactions and their associations with African Swine Fever outbreaks at the interface of Murchison Falls National Park in Uganda” from 12:00 PM - 12:50 PM in 1047 Gladys Valley Hall. This is one seminar part of the Center for Animal Disease Modelling and Surveillance (CADMS) series.
• Campus Center for the Environment is holding a Swap Meet Challenge from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM at Memorial Union. This is kind of a cool event. Bring clothes you never wear anymore to exchange with other students. No cash allowed. It’s all about bartering items! Hey, it will spare you from writing a post in the Free & For Sale page. For more information, please see this Facebook event.
Saturday, January 23
• Mercer Farmers’ Market is today from 8 AM - 1 PM. Emails will be sent out soon about how to volunteer. To join the listserv please follow this link.
• PSSD's Vet Skills Workshop is from 11 AM - 1 PM in 1030 Gladys Valley Hall. This workshop focuses on physical examinations, restraint and how to read radiographs. If you would like to sign-up, please fill out this form by Wednesday, January 20 at 11:59 PM. You will be notified Thursday, January 21 if you have been chosen to participate!
PSSD Publicity Coordinator 2015 - 2016