I hope you are all doing well & are enjoying the beautiful warm weather Davis has been having. Can you believe it's week 8? I'm still currently in shock.
So apparently Chelsea still has some PSSD shirts ... Just a little reminder, please, please pick them up. Send her an email or a Facebook message & she will be sure to get those to you. I will continue to remind all of you until they are all picked up.
& This is what you really came here for, right:
Announcements For Feb. 21 - Feb. 27
• PSSD is having its last general meeting for Winter Quarter 2016 on Tuesday, Feb. 23. A representative from Kaplan Test Prep will be speaking about PSSD's partnership and how club members can benefit (10% off of all test preps). The Student Health and Wellness Center (SHWC) will also be faciliating Wellness Jeopardy. SHWC will also give out prizes + health & wellness resources. Oh, did I mention that there will be puppies? PSSD officers will also be selling $3 Kaplan raffle tickets for next quarter's $2300 KaplanTest Prep Giveaway. See our blog for more details.
• Mujeres Ayudando la Raza (MAR) presents their TAMALES FUNDRAISER! Choices include chicken, pork, cheese w/ jalepeño, and sweet (pineapple) tamales, all homemade, of course. $9 for half a dozen (6), and $16 for a baker's dozen (13). YES, you can mix your order. They will be taking orders until Feb. 25th and distributing the week before finals. Perfect, right? All proceeds go towards funding MAR's Migrant Center community service event. Please feel free to contact Saralee at (530)-204-3023 to place your order!
•Here are job opportunities (Animal Related!). Make sure to use Aggie Job Link.
• Need a GE check? The College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Dean's Office (CAES) is holding drop-in advising hours every Wednesday from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM at the Student Recruitment and Retention Center (SRRC).
• The Vet Aide Club (VAC) is hosting Dinner With a Vet Professional on Saturday, February 27. It is an amazing opportunity to network as DVMs and UCD vet students will be in attendance from an array of specialties (large animal, research and lab animal, avian and exotics, small animal and equine). Food will also be catered by Buca di Beppo. Plus a raffle. If you are not a VAC member, tickets cost $15 each. VAC has extended pre-sale tickets ($12) for its members until the day of the event. If you are members of both VAC and PSSD, definitely go order them now through this link.
Pre-Vet Calendar Feb. 21 - Feb. 27
• Need help with your resume? The Internship and Career Center (ICC) is having office hours for resume boosts from 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM on the 2nd Floor of South Hall. The ICC will check over formatting, spelling and grammatical errors. Make sure to bring your resume!
Tuesday, February 23
•Need help with your resume? The Internship and Career Center (ICC) is having office hours for resume boosts from 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM on the 2nd Floor of South Hall. The ICC will check over formatting, spelling and grammatical errors. Make sure to bring your resume!
• PSSD Stress Management Workshop + Kaplan + Therapy Fluffies (details above) from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM in Surge III 1309.
Wednesday, February 24
• The Winter Internship & Career Fair is back! You can meet with over 140 employers & maybe win them over for summer internships from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM in the ARC Pavilion. Check the ICC's website for more information.
Thursday, February 25
• Do you need to relax for an evening? ASUCD is hosting a Block Party from 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM on the UC Davis Quad. There will be cotton candy, popcorn and churro machines as well as a mechanical bull, sumo wrestling and more! For more details, check out the Facebook event page.
Friday, February 26
• Couldn't get enough puppy love from our Stress Management Workshop? Therapy Fluffies will be on the MU Patio Area from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Saturday, February 27
• Mercer Farmer's Market is today from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Emails regarding how to sign up will be sent out soon. To join the listserv please follow this link.
PSSD Publicity Coordinator 2015 - 2016