We are halfway done with winter quarter (just in case you didn't know...). Can you believe that? Thank you who came to our fundraiser last night! Since we don't have club fees, we really rely on fundraisers to bring our members (you) workshops and other resources. Again, thank you! I'm sure you're waiting for this weeks announcements, right? Here they are.
Announcements Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
• Here are job opportunities (Animal Related!). Make sure to use Aggie Job Link.
• Want to work for the the Animal Science Advising Center for the 2016 - 2017 year? They are looking for academic peer advisers an an office assistant. Peer advisers work up to 10 hours a week, while office assistants work 20 hours a week (both are paid positions). A resume is required upon application completion. Both are due by Monday, February 8 at 12:00 PM in 1202 Meyer Hall. If you have any questions call (530-752-6118) or email Emma Martinez. Applications and position descriptions are right below.
• FOSTER OPPORTUNITY: The Front Street Animal Shelter in Sacramento is looking for dedicated individuals who are willing to foster cats and dogs. If you are interested, please call 916-709-7991 (dog foster) or 916-764-6862 (cat foster). You can also sign up online.
• DONATIONS WANTED: The Front Street Animal Shelter not only is looking for fosters but are requesting the following: dog and cat food, blankets, newspapers, hot dogs, dryer sheets, cat beds, dog and cat toys, gas cards, and foster care supplies. Bring donations to the Front Street Shelter Reception Building, 2127 Front Street, Sacramento 95818 on Wednesdays - Sundays, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. If you have any questions, please email Janice Wagaman.
• Volunteers needed: Mercer needs Farmer's Market volunteers to sell pet toys on Saturday, February 6. Please fill out this form by Wednesday, February 3 at 6:00 PM. If you have any questions feel free to contact Nicole.
• Interested in One Health? Next quarter, Professor Davis PhD & DVM is teaching HIS 110 (CRN 63792) about One World, One Health every Friday from 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM. Here is the full scoop:
• Have you ever wanted to talk to a leader of UC Davis? NOW IS YOUR CHANCE! Meals with Mrak is a university program that allows small groups of students to interact with UC Davis administration over breakfast. All meetings are from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM. Deadline to be considered is February 2 at 12:00 PM. Apply here.
Pre-Vet Week-at-a-Glance Jan. 31 - Feb 6
• Health Professions Advising is hosting a Vet Student Panel and Networking event at 5:10 PM in Surge III 1302. It is a great opportunity to get your questions answered by over ten vet students. Who knows you might be able to make connections with one, too.
• Center for Advocacy Resources and Education (CARE) is holding a workshop on how to help others in high risk situations from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM in Emerson Hall (Cuarto Dorms).
Tuesday, Feb. 2 - Happy Groundhog Day!
Wednesday, Feb. 3
• Deadline to volunteer for Mercer at Davis Farmer's Market is at 6:00 PM today. See above announcements to sign up.
Thursday, Feb. 4
Friday, Feb. 5
• Today is the third annual UC Davis Wears Red Day! What is it? It is an initiative brought to the campus by the chancellor's office and Dr. Amparo Villablanca. Their goal is to raise awareness to the community that heart disease is a leading killer of women and men in the United States. Wear red and participate in trying to break the record for the largest human heart formation at 12:00 PM on Hutchison Field. For more information and other events going on, please visit the Facebook event page.
Saturday, Feb. 6
• Have you ever wanted to understand the meaning of the shades of gray on a radiograph? Now is your chance! Vet Student Jose Guerrero Cota is going to teach PSSD members how to read radiographs and walk through a few case studies.
• Need to relax during midterm season? From 1:15 PM to 2:30 PM there will be a FREE YOGA session at Akasha Yoga (140 F Street #300, Davis, CA 95618. For more information please see the Facebook event page.
PSSD Publicity Coordinator 2015 - 2016